(2013-2014) Russian-US Round Table for Green Building
Following visits to Russia and Kazakhstan in 2013 by prominant US Green Building Figures - such as Robert Watson (founder of LEED), Al Skodowski (Executive Chair USGBC) & Mike Schiler (CEO Green Building Alliance), it became apparent what serious opportunities are available for cooperation between US & Russian specialists in this field.
RuGBC and the Green Building Alliance formed an initiative to bring together its members - specialists from the Russian and US sides. In November 2013 Guy Eames & Svetlana Koshkina visited the US on a "Roadshow" to look for partners and open an initial dialogue. The visit was hosted by the Green Building Alliance and covered 8 cities.
The tour included:
- Visiting Greenbuild 2013 - the US's largest Event for Green Building - organised by the USGBC and attended by 30,000 visitors;
- Meeting with the USGBC's New York Chapter - the Urban Green Council;
- Presentations and tours in Pittsburg, one of the USA's Greenest Cities;
- Meetings with representatives of the Chicago Mayor's office;
- Discussions with Bill McDonaugh at Cradle to Cradle
- Meeting with 2030 Challenge directors;
- Events with Chicago Sister Cities International;
- Visit to La Rouge (Ford) Green Roof;
- Attending a speech by Hillary Clinton in support of the Green Building Industry.
Return Visit to Russia for the US Group
A return tour to Russia was organised by the Green Development Forum in March 2014, encompassing Mosbuild and a road show to Nizhny Novgorod, Kazan and Sochi. The three week tour also included a US Russian round table at Mosbuild, LEED seminar, visit to Oriflame's Noginsk factory and consulting on Ecotourism in Sochi.